soundtrack

Photos At Paine Field & Everett

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:58 am

How hard or accessable is it taking photos at Boeing's two main airports?

THANKS in advance.

soundtrack

RE: Photos At Paine Field & Everett

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:00 am

Ok - I just saw this - so this helps one of my questions
http://airliners.net/discussions/avi...tion_photography/read.main/171241/

BUT, if anyone has other advice - please help.

thanks

dlednicer
Crew

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:25 am

Boeing actually has three main airports, Renton Municipal (737 production), Everett Paine Field (747, 767, 777 production and soon the 787) and Boeing Field (flight test and delivery).

At Renton Municipal, you can get good photos in the afternoon from the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, on a hill above the field on the west side. You will need a long lens. There are some potential spots on the east side, but you'll need to hit them in the morning. I tend to shoot over/through the fence on the west and south sides, as I have a shorter lens and I concentrate on the general aviation aircraft. Here is a Chamber of Commerce shot:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sam Chui

At Everett Paine Field, the deck at the Future of Flight Center, on the west side of the field is a great spot. There are also some spots along the fence near the firehouse at the south end that can work well, plus by the tower on the east side. Here is a Future of Flight deck shot:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

At Boeing Field, the best site seems to be a parking lot at the base of the control tower on the west side. The parking lot of the Museum of Flight on the west side is also a possiblity, but its at the very southern end of the field. I tend to shoot over/through the fence on the east side of the field, but again, I concentrate more on general aviation aircraft. This is from the control tower parking lot:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Erick Lopez

StevenL

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:18 am

When I shoot at Boeing Field in Seattle I shoot at the very North Side. There is a fence that GA and the Big Jumbos fly over if they are landing North to South.

The Parking lot as stated is another good spot.

I don't know about Paine. All I know is Paine is going to become quiet popular when that 787 rolls out.  Smile
Nikon D70s. Nikkor 18-70; Nikkor 70-300G; SB-600. KBFI, KSEA, KPAE Spotter