ghostbase

Possible Rejection - 'Bad Wolf'?

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:30 pm

Being slightly tongue-in-cheek here however I think A.Net might want to consider a new rejection category - 'Bad Wolf' or perhaps 'Bad Fox'!  Wink

Just scanned this slide taken at the 1985 I.A.T. where a long line of static aircraft were parked in front of a fun fair:

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 732 File size: 277kb

This was my first ever airshow photography outing and I completely failed to spot the inflatable wolfy or foxy to the right when I took this photo!

However, this does present a problem. I have checked the database and AFAICT there is currently no photo of Harrier GR.3 XZ996. She is now on the fire dump at Manston so unlikely she will be photographed there. My photo is 22 years old and would be a new a/c for the db so technically is a rare shot.

Am I pushing my luck with this one?

ghost 

NB: I think it needs levelling as well!
"I chase my dreams but I never seem to arrive"

ptrjong

RE: Possible Rejection - 'Bad Wolf'?

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:51 pm

The two look alike..!

I think quality, darkness, people clutter and cutting of the right wingtip are all bigger issues than the inflatable character, but since the shot is over 20 years old and of a 'new' aircraft, maybe it has a chance, I don't know.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

Morvious

RE: Possible Rejection - 'Bad Wolf'?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 am

Quoting Ptrjong (Reply 1):
but since the shot is over 20 years old and of a 'new' aircraft, maybe it has a chance

exactly!

Just try it. It's an old photo where thos new very high rules don't count for! I have seen worse new and old  Wink
have a good day, Stefan van Hierden