opso1

Motiv Rejection- Should I Appeal?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:50 am

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...tions/big/20070420_zj236sbyaa1.jpg

I've been rejected for "motiv"- should I appeal? I try to get unusual photos- not just 10 standard shots on the same day of different aircraft from a single point at a civilian runway side (no offence meant!).

I'd value anyone's opinions- thanks in advance...

JRadier

RE: Motiv Rejection- Should I Appeal?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:54 am

I would say the rejection does not come from the overall picture (which might lack somewhat in quality for this site) but from the cut-off tail rotor. Appeal would do you no good.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

EK20

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 am

Quoting Opso1 (Thread starter):
Should I Appeal?

No. First thing that hits me is the grain. One for the personal collection.  Smile

Rotate

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:35 am

Quoting Opso1 (Thread starter):
I try to get unusual photos- not just 10 standard shots on the same day of different aircraft from a single point at a civilian runway side (no offence meant!).

Why not try to get those lame shots in ??

BTW: Grain, Grain, Grain ....

Robin
ABC

TedTAce

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Ok, the ONLY rationale I can think of for filing this as motive is that you obviously shot under less then ideal conditions and maybe 'you should know better'. Other then that, technically it should have been rejected for grain, dark, and maybe cropping b/c technically the tail rotor is cut off (that might fall under quality).

Anyway, I personally like this shot a LOT!! It captures the action, and that's what I'm all about, anyone can take a picture of an a/c on the ground, but getting one in the air is tough, and getting a helo like you did is BRUTAL. I have tons of CRAPPY helo pics shot in broad daylight. Yours is VERY good  Wink
This space intentionally left blank

acontador

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:17 am

Hi Opso1,

If we leave any potential quality problems out of the discussion, I agree with the motive rejection (more than a center one). The main subject of your picture should be the Helo and not the guys and the Land Rover, so you should have centered around the helo (and not leaving so much empty space to the left). But even so, there is no (apparent) reason why you should cut off the tail rotor, so this only endorses further the motive rejection.
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!

opso1

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll try and recrop it and improve the quality.

TedTAce- thanks very much for liking the photo for what it is- something a bit different. It was shot from another helicopter to try and give a different perspective from the "usual" photos.

OPSO1