gh123

Can I Have A Volunteer To Post Some Pictures 4 Me?

Thu May 10, 2007 1:22 am

I have some snaps which would be great for the database. I do not want any credit for them just someone to post them for me.

thanks!

RE: Can I Have A Volunteer To Post Some Pictures 4 Me?

Thu May 10, 2007 1:33 am

Airliners.net Photo Upload Page
You must have read the Upload-FAQ (updated October 4, 2003) before continuing!
1. You may only send in photos you have photographed yourself. (very Important!)

ANITIX87

Thu May 10, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting Gh123 (Thread starter):
I have some snaps which would be great for the database. I do not want any credit for them just someone to post them for me.

Two things:

Why wouldn't want credit for them? The copyright is yours, and it gets your name out there, and allows everyone to see your work!

Secondly, the airliners.net rules require that any shots posted must be taken by the person uploading them.

Let's see the pics too! Just so we know if they are, in fact, good enough. The standards have gotten almost unbearably high lately.

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

gh123

Thu May 10, 2007 3:48 am

Big version: Width: 2304 Height: 1728 File size: 496kb
Big version: Width: 2304 Height: 1728 File size: 626kb

KLM772ER

Thu May 10, 2007 3:56 am

Sorry Gh123 but both pictures will definately not make it into the db (were they taken with a handy-cam?)
because they don't have the quality.. there is way to much grain in both, just to mention one point!

And for the second one there is also the fence which makes it impossible to get it accepted, even if it would be of 100% perfect quality... and not to mention the cropped out nose....

Sorry
Cheers
KLM772ER

gh123

Thu May 10, 2007 10:52 am

Well I thought that due to significance, certain pictures should be put on the database.

The above pictures were of the Queen's BA 777 at Lexington. According to the database, the last time a BA plane was at KLEX or the Blue Grass Airport was in 1989.

I only took on my digital camera but still, in my own opinion significance counts.

Look at this photo - sure it's old but what about the significance.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Terry Hale

Here's my pic of YMMG, smaller like above.

[Edited 2007-05-10 04:00:24]

There are some amazing photographers on this website who take some amazing photos. Sure, you have to cut our the crap but remember one thing which I think many forget - It's all about the aircraft at the end of the day.

All the best.

[Edited 2007-05-10 04:01:52]

TupolevTu154

Sat May 12, 2007 6:51 pm

Quoting Gh123 (Reply 5):
Well I thought that due to significance, certain pictures should be put on the database.

Maybe, but that is such a common aircraft. Just because it's rare in your part of the country doesn't mean that it absolutely has to be accepted. A DL 757 came into LGW earlier this week. It's rare in the UK but if I took a picture of the same quality of yours, it wouldn't get accepted. Same principle.

Quoting Gh123 (Reply 5):
I only took on my digital camera but still, in my own opinion significance counts.

Well then keep it in your personal collection? Or add it to myav?

Quoting Gh123 (Reply 5):

Yes it's old, but that makes all the difference. There was hardly any screening requirements back then. Try and upload a pic like that now and it wouldn't get anywhere.

Quoting Gh123 (Reply 5):
It's all about the aircraft at the end of the day.

Exactly, and this particular aircraft is common. Maybe not in Lexington, but elsewhere, it is.

Good luck for the future.

Tom Big grin

monteycarlos

Sun May 13, 2007 6:19 pm

Quoting Gh123 (Reply 5):

The difference here is that this shot was added very early in a.net history. It would certainly be rejected now. Unfortunately yours are a quality rejection for certain as well.

As others have mentioned though, there is nothing special about this shot. Its a BA 777 at an airport. I realise the significance of its visit KLEX but that doesn't outweight the screening criteria.
It's a beautiful night to fly like a phoenix...