haddock0815

Rejected Pictures - Your Opinion Please!

Sun May 13, 2007 2:33 am

Hi there!

I´ve been to the Cologne Airport to test my new Nikon D80 with some flying Objects.
But no matter what I do, they always reject my pictures (the old ones from my Nikon Coolpix 4500 aswell)

Please have a look at these two pictures and tell me if I shoul "complain" against this decision.

Thanks!

Olli

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/...ain?filename=20070512_DSC_0103.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/...ain?filename=20070512_DSC_0101.jpg

EK20

RE: Rejected Pictures - Your Opinion Please!

Sun May 13, 2007 2:36 am

Both are too far in the distance.

JRadier

Sun May 13, 2007 2:42 am

Quoting EK20 (Reply 1):
Both are too far in the distance.

that and you cut a winglet on the first photo
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

ThierryD
Crew

Sun May 13, 2007 2:43 am

Olli,

a good camera does not necessarily make good photos. Take a look through the Airliners.net database too see what standards are required to get a picture accepted here.
Your pictures lack overall quality, they are dark (backlit), soft, badly cropped and centered and too distant.
A read through the following guide might also help you: http://planecatcher.com/IGRR.htm

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"

Alibo5NGN

Sun May 13, 2007 2:55 am

Your basic problem is that you are not following Anet rules in terms of cropping, centering and editing. Also with regards to your Nikon D80, see if you can select high for Image Sharpening. This can be found through menu - shooting menu - optimize image - custom - image sharpening. Under image sharpening, select high and then ok. You may also want to review Fergul McClean's PDF article in the photo upload page in order for you to understand the basic requirements for getting your shots accepted.

Good luck
It takes knowledge to make a career. It takes wisdom to live a life.

JRadier

Sun May 13, 2007 3:30 am

Quoting Alibo5NGN (Reply 4):
Nikon D80, see if you can select high for Image Sharpening. This can be found through menu - shooting menu - optimize image - custom - image sharpening.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (just to make my point), camera sharpen cannot be undone and thus can ruin your photo! Better sharpen it in PS.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

Fly747

Sun May 13, 2007 4:31 am

Quoting Haddock0815 (Thread starter):
Please have a look at these two pictures and tell me if I shoul "complain" against this decision.

A quick look through the database at recently accepted pictures will give you your answer. Compare them to your images and tell us what differences you see.

Ivan

psyops

Sun May 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Quoting Fly747 (Reply 6):
look through the database at recently accepted pictures

I could not have said it better myself.

There are plenty of folks on this forum willing to help, but you have to take an active role. In the words of Cuba Gooding Jr. as Rod Tidwell in Jerry Maguire, "Help me, help you? Help me help me help me - Jerry you are killing me!"