jetmatt777
Crew

ATL Terminal Spotting

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm

I am flying through ATL soon and wanted to know if there are any places to spot from inside the terminals. Any help or comments welcome.

Thanks
-Matt
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

f4wso

RE: ATL Terminal Spotting

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:25 am

I was in Atlanta last May and was able to do some photography. My luggage arrived an hour later than I did so I passed the time on the parking garage photographing the arrivals on the north parallel. I had an afternoon off later in the week so I went back to the south parking garage for an hour. The taxi route was much closer to the garage and the afternoon sun was good. I was one level down from the top to be in the shade.

My most enjoyable photography was at PDK. They have a nice area to photograph near the runway intersection and are spectator friendly.

Gary
Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Seeking an honest week's pay for an honest day's work

jetmatt777
Crew

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:42 am

Unfortunately I'm just making a connection, I probably won't be able to leave the secure zone to go to the parking garages, are there any spots inside one of the terminals?

Thanks
-Matt
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

YANQUI67

Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 am

I have spotted from the E-concourse. On the north side of the terminal there is some windows were you can catch rotations if they are taking off in a west direction. The windows have some tint but I have been able to remove it with photoshop.