An225
Topic Author

Spoting In Romania

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:09 am

Hello all,
I am planning on going for a vacation to Romania for 17 days during September. My intention is to do a lot of photography and especially spotting. I am interested to know what are my possibilities?
1. Is it possible to take pictures at OTP airport?
2. Is it possible to take pictures at the aviation museum in Bucharest?
3. Where is it recommended to go in Romania and have the opportunity to picture some soviet-era planes?
4. Is it OK by the authorities that foreigners take pictures around local airports and landing strips?

Thanks a lot for helping me out,

An225

D-aqui

RE: Spoting In Romania

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:34 am

Well An225,

as far as I am concerned I had a rather not so funny experience in December 2006. On departing from OTP I wanted to take a picture of some friends in the departure lounge (no security-related installations like passenger control etc in the vicinity) when a police officer came up to me with a threatening gesture to stop taking pictures. Being a very frequent air traveller and pilot myself I was strtled at this post-communist behaviour on the eve of accession to the EU.

However, I stopped as I did not want to run into troubles with the authorities.

The only pictures I have taken at OTP since were from board of airliners.

However, judging from the pics of Romania in the database, someone has differing experiences.

d-aqui

steph001

RE: Spoting In Romania

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:21 am

Hi, took recently some pictures at OTP and didn't run into any trouble.... Hope that will work for you, too.