stefan171288

Help With Concorde Cabin Shot

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi,

yesterday I had the chance to take a cabin shot of F-WSTA, prserved in paris Orly. Actually there aren't any cabin shots of this one in the database and I thought that my shot might have a chance. What do you think about it and how could it be improved. Light conditions weren't very easy because it's quite dark inside with the small windows.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1589/img9354wu3.jpg

Regards
Stefan

dazbo5

RE: Help With Concorde Cabin Shot

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Stefan,

A nice interesting shot for those who'll never get the chance to see the inside of that aircraft (me included!). Given it's a 'rare' shot in that there are no others in the DB, acceptance standards are lower. I think your main problem with this shot is depth of field. The foreground is in perfect focus but due to a larger apperture becasue of the low light, the background is not in focus. For these shots, I generally use the smallest apperture I can get away with and use centre spot focus and chose a focal point in the centre of the frame. In this case, half way along column of seats. That way, you should get the centre of the photo in focus and even out the areas which aren't in perfect focus. I don't think this shot will make it unfortunately.

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

stefan171288

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Hi,

thank you for your comment. The situation was very difficult because we had to hurry a bit as they were about to close the Concorde and no further pictures were possible.

Regards
Stefan

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:54 am

My opinion is that they should take it into the DB. Considering the lighting you had to work with, it's very good. I don't think that the depth of field is that bad. Actually, it's about what the human eye would perceive when looking at the foreground. Usually, with conventional film camera, this should would have been focused in the middle with blur in close and at the distance due to the low light and required aperture. With the camera you used, it appears that you made the best use of it's capability. But, I'm not one of the screeners. If they reject, I would appeal on grounds that it cannot be taken better.

stefan171288

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi,

I decided to leave the shot in queue and it was the right decision  bouncy  .

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1246778/L/

Thanks

Stefan