carlos
Crew

Level Rejection - Need Help

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi,

this one was rejected with the reason LEVEL:

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...tions/big/20070730_D-AIGM_0706.jpg

I checked it again and in my eyes it is level. I used the treeline behind and the lamps for leveling.

What do you think?

Thanks al lot!

Klaus

CalgaryBill

RE: Level Rejection - Need Help

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:41 pm

Tough call - some of the verticals look like they are straight, but the taxiway could use a little cw rotation to level it out (unless it really is sloped slightly uphill to the right).

Nice shot otherwise...

B

EK20

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Quoting Carlos (Thread starter):
What do you think?

Give it about 0.5CW.

KLM772ER

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:08 pm

It is similar to a rejection I had lately:

The verticals look level, but because of an slope of RWY or taxiway the plane looks not leveled. And what to do now?
Technically spoken the picture is level, but the impression says it is not!

Normally if there is no really point in the background I level a picture so that it appears level, if there is a clear visible reference I level it to it.
But what to do in border cases like this. I had a picture where I had a clear reference which during crop I cut out. Picture was leveled.. but very hilly background, and just some windmills or cooling towers in the background but very far away and almost fading out... so no real reference (tho also these were level) but the plane look that it needed a little CW rotation... Don't know what to do with it either!

I would maybe try to appeal it and explain it to the screeners... But don't know if it ll get in then!

Cheers
Björn

Edit: add one missing word  Wink

[Edited 2007-07-31 09:10:46]

boeingfreak

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:05 pm

Hey Klaus,
nice picture! Levelling is always tough but my levelling-method is similar to yours as I find that lightpoles (especially at MUC) are more reliable than the taxiway. As I know the spot you've been to take this picture I suppose you have used a wide-angle lens, my guess would be less than 30mm, so you also have some distortion which makes it even more tricky to level. The lightpoles look perfectly level to me, I'd appeal the picture.

Cheers,
Florian