alexandru

Which One Is Straight?

Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:31 am

Hello,

Just need some help with this two "17 mm wide angle "pictures. Both were rejected for level. In the first picture I took the vertical reference the middle flag support as being in the center of the picture. After being rejected I took the vertical reference for leveling the right edge of the airport sign and mentioned to the screeners the above explanation. I also said that in my opinion the first picture look much better but as being rejected I changed the level reference. Now the second one got rejected with the following persona comment wich I totaly agree and it is what I have done with the first picture.

"rotated too far. Use vert in the center of the pic to level, not the edge."

I suppose there was a mistake from screeners side regarding the first rejection and before doing any modification I would appriciate any opinions on this.

Thank you.

1. http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20070801_Iasi_Airshow_21_07_07_141.jpg

2. http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20070810_Iasi_Airshow_21_07_07_141.jpg

JeffM

RE: Which One Is Straight?

Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:35 am

Why not de-fish it? I do question the composition though. You've got part of the sign covered with a bush, and you cut the entrance on the left in half too.

timdegroot

Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:35 am

Somewhere in between would be good. From the first one it would need a little more cw

Tim
Alderman Exit

ptrjong

Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:42 am

Quoting JeffM (Reply 1):
You've got part of the sign covered with a bush

And the tower, too.

Peter
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

alexandru

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:01 am

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. Before going into leveling I would give some explications aboute composition.

Quoting JeffM (Reply 1):
I do question the composition though. You've got part of the sign covered with a bush, and you cut the entrance on the left in half too.

This is the best I coud get out of it. I wanted to get the whole entrance but they were doing some pavement work and there were lots of tools left just beside the spot I took the picture. If I was to get the entrance and the tower than all the "unfinished work " ( pavement ) would have got into the frame. As you can see in the first picture there is a wire left in the frame but it is not very noticable....

There are no other pictures in dbase with this airport and I thought is is worth uploading it. If I find there is a major issue with the composition I would not upload it again.

About leveling I should take Tim Advise But note sure yet how much should I rotate it.

Regards,

Alexandru.

davidu

Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:52 am

I agree with JeffM, Tim and Peter.

badMotiv and level for me

davidu

ptrjong

Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 am

Quoting Alexandru (Reply 4):
But not sure yet how much should I rotate it.

You can level it using the left side of the sign. But you may still get a motive rejection.

Quoting Alexandru (Reply 4):
wanted to get the whole entrance but they were doing some pavement work and there were lots of tools left

Yeah, but only the result counts.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

JeffM

Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:20 am

Quoting Ptrjong (Reply 3):
And the tower, too.

yeah, that too. forgot!

alexandru

Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:25 am

OK. I understand....