strandedinbgm

Complete Noob Trying To Submit A Photo.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:03 am

Here's my story:

The US101 is being tested by Lockheed in my neighborhood. There are no photos of the bird in the DB. I love watching this thing go through it's paces at the GA airport across the river. I decided to take my Canon powershot sd700 over to snap a photo.

It was a cloudy dreary day.

I did the best I could. I am not Sam Chui or Royal S. King. It's a point and shoot for crying out loud.

The screener suggested that I get some advice here and resubmit. THE REJECTION DOES NOT BOTHER ME.

The laundry list of reasons for rejection are: Quality (noise), Info and Distance.

I just point my camera and take the picture. I don't have nor do I know how to use Photoshop.

Here's the shot:

Big version: Width: 1067 Height: 800 File size: 709kb

What needs to be done?

Is anyone willing to help?

Thanks,

Dan
It's 737s, 747s and 380s. Not 737's, 747's and 380's. Learn to use the apostrophe for crying out loud.

DM

RE: Complete Noob Trying To Submit A Photo.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting StrandedInBGM (Thread starter):
I don't have nor do I know how to use Photoshop.

Thats probably one of the things your going to need.

Quoting StrandedInBGM (Thread starter):
What needs to be done?

The rejection resons right now are correct. Sadly if you couldnt zoom in any more than your going to be getting a distance rejection. Cropping this shot more will only lead to more quality loss.

I recomend going out on a sunny day and just practice.

TupolevTu154

RE: Complete Noob Trying To Submit A Photo.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:44 am

Personally I found it easiest to take my time over small light aircraft. It's alot easier than chasing a big jet swooping over your head at 150mph!

Tom Big grin