luvaulter

Whats The Chances

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 am

I'm got a new camera and i have been trying to get a photo uploaded. this is the best photo that i have taken and i just wanted to get some feedback before i submitted it
thanks

Big version: Width: 1615 Height: 1016 File size: 461kb

prat

RE: Whats The Chances

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:08 am

I'd say rejected QUALITY, BLURRY, SOFT, DISTANCE. The photo has quality issues which you won't be able to fix unfortunately as it's a nice lookin spot you've got! You've got to remember that 9 out of 10 times the aircraft needs to be the center of attention. In your case there's too much sky above acting as dead space. I would crop closer to the aircraft and fill the frame with as much airplane as you can, and then fit in the cityline in the background.

What kind of gear are you using?

ptrjong

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:31 am

Yes, it lacks quality (detail) and would need to be cropped tighter for a.net.
It would also need slight counter-clockwise rotation, making the central skyscrapers vertical.

But on the positive side it's a nice image and when cropped tighter around the aircraft and skyscrapers, the composition might even be acceptable for a.net, even though the aircraft would normally need to be higher in the frame.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

Stealthz

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:41 am

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Agree with all Prat said including the comment on the location.
Now for some advice, may be of value, may not!

Size, crop/resize to 1024 or 1200 at least while gaining experience.. tends to make achieving appropriate quality easier.
Crop, I have taken the liberty of using your photo to illustrate what might be a better composition. Having said that it is in my opinion better pictorially and no guarantee of an Anet suitable result.

Big version: Width: 800 Height: 503 File size: 99kb

My advice, if your only aim is to take photos suitable for Anet, study images already in the DB. (and lots of them)
If you wish to persue photography for personal pleasure (a better approach IMHO) then take some time to learn about composition etc.

Keep at it, if the photo you posted was one of your early ones, the potential is certainly there.

Cheers

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

luvaulter

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:46 am

i'm using a Nikon d40 with the nixor 50/200 lens

thanks for you advise

mike

Scotland1979
Crew

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:24 am

Too much space in the sky and the skyscrapers look like they are leaning to the right alittle bit. Good thing it is not taken in Pisa, Italy  scratchchin 
Jesus said "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" - John 14:6