Stil
Topic Author

Has The A340 Becoming "common"?

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi.
I had two rejections recently for "common".

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20070914_pHBJMErampFAJS.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20070909_oECGPBfinalturning17LEST.jpg

Both had sharpen related reasons as well. First also got "soft" and the second one "oversharpened". As I am changing my sharpening method, I'll consider it as "final adjustments"; but there's no so many pics of an A340 neither in SCQ nor in a front view. As for the Swiss one, there's only 15 pics of an A340 in JNB, but no one in a ramp overview shot.

Is there something I missed or has the A340 becoming a "common" aircraft???

Thanks in advance.

Stil
....... Gueropppa! ......

ptrjong

RE: Has The A340 Becoming "common"?

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:22 pm

COMMON is simply about the total number of photos of a registration in the database, nothing else. If the photo is good enough, it will still make it.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

IL76

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Any aircraft from SWISS is common.  Smile Same goes for KLM, TAM Brazil, China Southern, etc. (catch my drift?).
I rarely screen a SWISS aircraft that does not have 100+ photos on the database. If there are other issues aswell (like sharpening), the common rejection will be given aswell to inform you that you need to make sure the quality is good in order to get it accepted. If it's a JNB ramp or ZHR, doesn't really matter all that much. Actually, if you hadn't mentioned it was JNB, I'd have figured it could be any airport. The second photo shows only sky as the background, so it could be ZHR, LAX or Ouagadougou, it makes no difference there.

Ed

skidmarks

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:32 pm

Quoting IL76 (Reply 2):
ZHR

Where's that then?  stirthepot 

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

IL76

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 3):
Where's that then?

Big grin Dunno... Zougharhumsteeboomstee?

Stil
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:12 pm

OK. I understand the idea.

Quoting Ptrjong (Reply 1):
COMMON is simply about the total number of photos of a registration in the database

I was surprised by "common" rejection on both A340. After making some search, I found only a few pics of a Swiss A340 in JNB and a few frontal pics of an Iberia A340.
I will try to improve the quality on both and give them another go, specially on Swiss (I have a strange no-go feeling with the Iberia one)

Quoting IL76 (Reply 2):
The second photo shows only sky as the background, so it could be ZHR, LAX or Ouagadougou, it makes no difference there.

Is the frontal view what I tried to demonstrate is not common, the background is the same old sky I am looking forward to see for years...  Wink

Quoting IL76 (Reply 2):
if you hadn't mentioned it was JNB, I'd have figured it could be any airport

Interesting... As an stupid question. It means that you can't see where the pic was taken on your screening procedure? Or just it's the first time you've seen this pic and you read it on the thread?

Thanks

Stil

IL76

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:20 pm

Quoting Stil (Reply 5):
Interesting... As an stupid question. It means that you can't see where the pic was taken on your screening procedure? Or just it's the first time you've seen this pic and you read it on the thread?

I read the location on the thread. But anyway, it means that this background (an airport apron) is not special enough to allow lower acceptance criteria, especially not for a common aircraft like a SWISS A340.

BTW, an exception could be something like a Air Niugini A310 on the Courchevel airport apron. 

[Edited 2007-09-14 14:23:28]

Stil
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Quoting IL76 (Reply 6):
an airport apron is not special enough to allow lower acceptance criteria

That's what I understood. I am not looking forward to low any criterium; for me is a perfect one, no matter my ratio is near 25%. Thanks for your quick and kind help.

Quoting IL76 (Reply 6):
I read the location on the thread

I was about to write down the location on every "comment to screener" box
 biggrin   relieved 

Stil