EMA747
Topic Author

How Do You Sell Your Work?

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:29 am

After reading this post Take Pride In What You Do II ..Post Your Work (by Eksath Sep 9 2007 in Aviation Photography) I was wondering how you actually sell your pics. Do you email people offering them for sale or do buyers contact you? Do they just take the pic off this site or do you have to do any processing before the sale? I mean things like resizing and resolution etc.

Are there certain aircraft types, locations, airlines etc that are more likely to sell than others? I mean I shoot at EMA but I'm sure shots from somewhere like LHR or AMS would be more likely to sell.
I do this as a hobby (in fact I've only just started) so I am not expecting to sell anything soon but it would be useful to know how it all works if I ever managed to sell an image.

Andy S
Failing doesn’t make you a failure. Giving up and refusing to try again does!

timdegroot

RE: How Do You Sell Your Work?

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:32 am

Quoting EMA747 (Thread starter):
Do they just take the pic off this site or do you have to do any processing before the sale? I mean things like resizing and resolution etc.

Yes processing is required, much depends on the usage. Large displays warrant higher resolutions than web use.

Quoting EMA747 (Thread starter):
I'm sure shots from somewhere like LHR or AMS would be more likely to sell.

Not really since there are far more photos from LHR to choose from than from EMA.

Tim
Alderman Exit