stefan171288

Luton Spotting

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi,

next week I'm going to spend a day in Luton for spotting. I've been there in February for the first time and know the spots for morning light. In February weather was really poor and there was no need to care about back light but this time I hope for some sunny moments which means that I'll have to get on the other side of the runway (from the terminal side).

I don't really wanna risk my and other people's lives driving around with a rental car so I have to walk there or try it with public transportation.

On the map on the airport's homepage I found a car park which seems to be close to the afternoon spot but I don't know if I can walk the distance between the bus stop and the spot.

Does anybody know about it?

Regards
Stefan

Kieron747

RE: Luton Spotting

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:44 pm

Try asking member express1, he often visits Luton to spot the bizjets!

Kieron

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/profile.main?username=express1
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

jid

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 pm

From what I know of Luton walking is not really an option any more. There used to be some woods to the south east of the field but I believe these are now out of bounds. That leaves you with a drive through country lanes to get to the south of the field for shots like this.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jid Webb
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jid Webb

Maybe there are some local 'secret locations' that someone might like to divulge Big grin

Jid
G7EPN is back after 15 years! Operating all Bands 80mtrs -> 70cms QRZ DX

jamesbuk

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting Jid (Reply 2):

yeah its about a 4-5 mile drive, done it every Sunday for the last few weeks  silly 

The best place if you don't have a car is probably over by the overpass bridge... not alot goes through there but without a car then yeah.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

jamesbuk

Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:10 am

Just got back from luton airport today.

Parkway Car park is a pretty good place to spot from the top, the arrivals go over at about 150 feet. Not sure about departures there as they were using that way in for arrivals today. Also its only £4.20 per day for a car, and i guess by foot you could just walk into it.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

PlymSpotter

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Why not take a taxi? Sure it would cost you more money that walking, but it would still be less than hiring a rental car and, you wouldn't have to drive.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...