thesandbender

Best Time/location For Photos At ZRH?

Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:48 am

I'm leaving Switzerland on Monday and would like to run up to Zurich and take a few pictures (I'm in Zug).

1) Where is the best location to take pictures? I think I saw a spotting area as we touched down but I wasn't sure.

2) What is the best time for the heavies? I would think in the morning... seems most of the carriers land around 07:00-08:00 and then turn around but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Mike

INNflight

RE: Best Time/location For Photos At ZRH?

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:28 pm

The best locations for you will be the Terminal B viewing terrace and the parking garage 3 - top floor.
Basically all heavies arrive between 6 an 9am.

Your problem is that rwy 34 ( good for arrival shots from terrace and parking deck ) is only in use until 9am if there's a holiday in Germany or on weekends, otherwise rwy 14 will be used for landings after 7am (I think).

Best would be to go on a weekend if you dont have a car. Other than that the heliport for departures on rwy 16. ZRH is completely worthless after 2pm, unless you're into LX Avros and....NOTHING!  Wink
Jet Visuals

gerardo

Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:44 pm

I have some infos regading ZRH on my site, if you want to check:
http://www.dominguez-online.ch

Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

sandrozrh

Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 am

Quoting INNflight (Reply 1):
ZRH is completely worthless after 2pm, unless you're into LX Avros and....NOTHING!

Well yeah, thats true until about 5pm when the arrivals start picking up again, and in summer, the late evening departures go out with the setting sun.