KLM772ER
Topic Author

Help With Info Rejection!

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Hello!

I just had this photo rejected for Info only...

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...s/big/20071101_PP-EOZVenghaus2.jpg

I ticked government and helicopter, and as info text I gave: Policia Militar passing by low in front of the Sao Paulo Skyline

I did not tick military, as the Policia Militar is not a military police in Brazil, it is the preventive state police in Brazil..

quoting wikipedia:

Quote:
Although the name literally means military police, implying a gendarmerie, under normal circumstances these forces are under the authority of the state governor

So worth an appeal, or did I miss anything else??

Cheers
Björn

acontador

RE: Help With Info Rejection!

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:07 am

Hi Bjoern,

This is indeed an interesting case!
Let's see what the upload help has to say about this:

Quote:
9. Government aircraft WITHOUT military roundels AND carrying a civil registration, will be listed as under points 1 to 10, whichever is appropriate and on the second upload page the category "government" has to be selected. Government aircraft WITH military roundels AND/OR a non-civil registration, will be listed as under point 8, and not the category "government" has to be selected, but the category "military".

Accordingly, since there are no roundels visible and it carries a civil registration, it should be uploaded as you did. However, the helicopter does carry the title 'Military Police', and irrespective of whatever Wikipedia says, that is a military organization!
All in all, I would have uploaded just as you did, so at least I would go for an appeal (with the proper explanation).
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!

KLM772ER
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Quoting Acontador (Reply 1):
All in all, I would have uploaded just as you did, so at least I would go for an appeal (with the proper explanation).

The appeal got also rejected.. Well would be interesting to know, if it was really government/military the problem, or something else?
But thanks for you opinion anyway!!

Cheers
Björn

bubbles
Crew

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi Björn

If something is related with government/military checkbox, the rejection should be 'category'. I think the 'info' rejection comes from the registration.  Wink After taking a close look at your image and checking the registration you used for upload, you will figure it out immediately.

Regards
_Hongyin_

KLM772ER
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 pm

Thanks Hongyin,

I resubmitted it as PP-E0Z...

But what I don't understand, there are two shots of Helicopter of the Policia Militar de Sao Paulo - PMSP in the db, at least which I found after a quick search, and both have a reg: PP-EOX and PP-EOY with an O in it and not 0

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joao Vitor Sayao - Contato Radar

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Fabio Laranjeira - Contato Radar

But I agree that it looks more like an 0 and not a O But thats what I looked for prior to uploading..

Cheers
Björn

Edit: spelling

[Edited 2007-11-02 16:45:40]