FLYB6JETS
Topic Author

Any Kday Shooters Here?

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:04 am

Hi guys. I am wondering if there are any Dayton (James Cox) shooters here? I was pleasantly surprised to see that F9 has upgraded to mainline out of DAY (sorry, I live in a bubble here in CMH) and want to get down to shoot them sometime. Anyone have any advice on locations or want to meet up to shoot? Thanks in advance!
"If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!"

Lexy

RE: Any Kday Shooters Here?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:45 am

I think the majority of stuff on here is from the airshows up there. Nothing really to speak of from the goodl ol' aeroport! I would love to see some stuff on here from up there. Been by there bunches and bunches of times!
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

visityyj

RE: Any Kday Shooters Here?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:53 pm

Based on my (limited) experience I don't think DAY is spotter-friendly  Sad

On my way to the Mustang do at LCK I noticed that an An-124 was scheduled to DAY, so detoured to catch it. All decent-looking locations were fenced off or posted as no parking so I ended up on side road well away from the approach or runway.

Just before the An-124 landed (I could see it on approach) an airport cop turns up in his expensive SUV. This is probably redundant, but he did not seem too bright - the usual "command presence" macho crap. Anyway he calmed down and "watched" me watch the Antonov. Then

Quote:
For future reference, you can't stop along the fence line. If the tower sees you they will close the airport.

I was very tempted to suggest that the "tower" should pay a visit to CMH or CVG where there are official viewing parks along the fence line. But of course I chickened out  embarrassed  .

Silly little man. Why is it the most dinky little backwater airports have the biggest security jerks ?