flyboyseven

Dark Or Not Dark, That Is The Question.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:17 pm

It seems as thoug this is a little bit of a difficult thing some times(deciding if something is dark that is). And I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I had this shot regected for category. I had selected dark, but that does not seem to be what it is.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/flyboyseven/CFPCO_CYQQ_092707_6.jpg
I have re uploaded it this time without dark selected, but I am unsure if that is what should happen

Cheers,
Graham
As long as the number of take-offs equals the number of landings...you're doing fine.

psyops

RE: Dark Or Not Dark, That Is The Question.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Not dark.

Check the meaning of the dark category linked from the upload page - that should give you the answer.

topgun3

Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:02 pm

I used to make the same mistake.

Dark is not determined by the "feel" of the picture (eg. dark clouds, in a shadow, etc.), but more a function of the Sun.

If the picture was taken after sunset or before sunrise...it is considered dark. Everything else is not Dark.

hope this helps.

Mark K.
I'd rather be flying.

ptrjong

Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:32 am

The photo has a red colour cast... If you use Photoshop, press Autocolor and it looks a lot lighter too.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

bubbles
Crew

Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:55 am

Hi

For such shot, 'DARK' should not be selected.

By the way, the overall quality of this image isn't good. It looks to me blurry, oversharpened, and also of a bit JPEG compression. Slight CCW rotation may be needed.

_Hongyin_