romeokc10fe

Washed Out Color

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:26 am

Just wondering if any of you photoshop gurus can doing anything with the colors on these?

ciao!

Big version: Width: 3504 Height: 2336 File size: 1853kb

Big version: Width: 3504 Height: 2336 File size: 1828kb

ZakHH

RE: Washed Out Color

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:30 pm

Here's a very quick approach on the first one. I don't have a colour-proof monitor here in the office though, plus I am far from being a Photoshop expert, so others may deliver far better results.

It's just that I have recently been researching a bit about colour adjustment and gradiation curves (my weakest spot so far), so this was a good chance to test my fresh skills.  Smile But I probably juiced it up too much.  Smile

Big version: Width: 1000 Height: 667 File size: 192kb

Cheers
Stefan
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

DeltaAVL

Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi, I also did a quick edit in Photoshop. I didn't crop the aircraft any closer (which needs to be done), but I adjusted colors, contrast, and sharpening. It's now a bit oversharpened and won't make it into the database, but it'll give you an idea about the colors.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/future787pilot/phpXafZ3UEDIT.jpg

Smile
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

romeokc10fe

Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:38 am

Thanks guys, yeah I didn't think they would make but I figured they would be good to practice on, I've been thinking about buying a good book about P.S. but some of them look like the old Sears catalog they're so thick! lol!

ZakHH

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:21 pm

I would encourage you to do so, but perhaps you should not start with one of these Sears catalogues  Smile

I bought such a compendium myself, and it sure is a valuable read. But using it to learn how to edit photos with Photoshop is kind of like trying to learn how to drive by reading the manual of a car.

Thus, I'd recommend to buy a book that focuses on photo editing. The Photoshop compendium would be an add-on then, to learn more about the functions, once you know when and how to use them.

Good luck!  Smile
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!