flynavy

The Spirit Of Delta - N102DA

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:12 pm

I felt the need to bring this up here since I recently received a rejection of a photo of this aircraft I submitted. While I'm not debating the rejection itself, it had a screener comment stating that this aircraft's livery didn't qualify as "Colorful/Special." I completely disagree. This is the only aircraft left in Delta's original "widget" color scheme and has special titles (obviously).

The screener was dead wrong in this instance, IMO. What say you?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Steve Seixeiro
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gregg Stansbery

Change is: one airline, six continents!

LongbowPilot

RE: The Spirit Of Delta - N102DA

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:39 pm

As an employee of Delta I agree with you that it is a Special Livery, it is the only one left in that color. I think the screener is not aware of this aircraft and its significance. In the screeners defense though, some are not at all versed on every airlines traditions or history, so it would be easy for them to "miss" something from time to time. Then again you might have had a screener who was already cross eyed from looking at 100s of photos in that sitting.

Lastly, in an unthinkable realm, the screener is a closet DELTA HATER and felt that another image of a fantastic carrier was not worth his time or effort Big grin

-Attack

flynavy

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:40 pm

I invite this screener to view the following photo search engine results with keywords "colorful paint" and "N102DA": http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...truecount=false&engine_version=6.0

Any questions?

jetmatt777
Crew

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:40 pm

The screeners are human. When most people think of special livery's, they think Peter Max, Alaska's Disney schemes, Southwest's schemes, etc. When a plane, in this instance, is sorta halfway not what you would consider a special scheme, it's an easy mistake to reject it.

-Matt
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

flynavy

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am

Negative, pal. This is perhaps the most popular 767 of all time and has always been in this category.

JohnJ

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:38 pm

My one and only shot on A.net of this aircraft, taken in Feb. 2006, has the following category listed:

COLORFUL_PAINT

gocaps16

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 pm

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 3):
When a plane, in this instance, is sorta halfway not what you would consider a special scheme, it's an easy mistake to reject it.

Halfway? How many Delta "Widget" schemes do you see in the air prior to ship 102's retirement? Just ONE.
How can that NOT be a special scheme?

Wait, I always thought screeners were robots built by Toyota. Big grin

Quoting Flynavy (Thread starter):
The screener was dead wrong in this instance, IMO. What say you?

I agree. Maybe he/she did it on purpose to get you mad, despite it was going to be rejected anyway. Big grin

jetmatt777
Crew

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am

Quoting GOCAPS16 (Reply 6):
Halfway? How many Delta "Widget" schemes do you see in the air prior to ship 102's retirement? Just ONE.
How can that NOT be a special scheme?

I'm agreeing with all the above posts. I'm stating after screening 100+ pictures in a day, it could be very easy to overlook this scheme and reject it for not being "Special" even though it is a very unique and awesome livery.

By saying it doesn't halfway look like a special scheme, I'm saying the 'traditional and common' special schemes are very colorful (Peter Max, Slam Dunk One, etc.) thus making it a very easy mistake to reject 102DA as not being a special paint.

-Matt
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

gocaps16

Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 7):
I'm stating after screening 100+ pictures in a day, it could be very easy to overlook this scheme and reject it for not being "Special" even though it is a very unique and awesome livery.

Really? If the screeners can spot a "slight" blur on the leading edge of the wing or a very slight softness around the nosegear, then, well, it can't be that HARD to know if it's a special scheme. Ya know?

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 7):
By saying it doesn't halfway look like a special scheme, I'm saying the 'traditional and common' special schemes are very colorful (Peter Max, Slam Dunk One, etc.) thus making it a very easy mistake to reject 102DA as not being a special paint.

Thanks for the clarification.