Jawed
Topic Author

Why Was This Accepted?

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:56 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

In another post, someone asked "What was the photographer trying to say" to evaluate if a picture has a good motif.

In this case, I can't imagine what the photographer was trying to say. There is nothing unique about this cabin. Most cabin shots would look very similar. My reaction to this photo is: "Ok... So what?"

(No offense to the photographers, he has many other fantastic photos!)

timdegroot

RE: Why Was This Accepted?

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:00 pm

Because it shows what the inside of a cabin is like..just because you don't care for it doesn't mean it shouldn't be on the site.

You'll find thousands of similar photos on the site, it's a common motive and there's no question of it being rejected for motive.

Tim
Alderman Exit

dvincent

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Quoting Jawed (Thread starter):
In another post, someone asked "What was the photographer trying to say" to evaluate if a picture has a good motif.

Perhaps someone might want to see a picture of an LH A321's cabin... he's providing a service. That is the point.

IMO the only photos that need to explain their points are the ones that aren't even on this website, and that's a lot of "abstract" photos. But I won't go into that argument today...
From the Mind of Minolta

DeltaAVL

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Personally, I find cabin shots to be some of the most interesting photos in the database. I love seeing the different ways airlines lay out their cabins.

#1 rule on posting threads in Aviation Photography - don't reference another photographer's work in a critical manner.

[Edited 2007-12-29 14:15:35]
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

GUAMVICE

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Quoting Dvincent (Reply 2):
Perhaps someone might want to see a picture of an LH A321's cabin... he's providing a service. That is the point.

checkmark 

That's exactly the point IMO. I have a friend who is by no means interested in aviation; however, when she travels, she relies on this site to give her an idea of what the cabin interior and/or the general exterior of an aircraft she would be flying would look like.
The two most engaging powers of a photographer are to make new things familiar and to make familiar things new. ~Thacker

klintrepid

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:55 pm

I personally like looking at the interiors, especially first class  Smile

Quoting DeltaAVL (Reply 3):
#1 rule on posting threads in Aviation Photography - don't reference another photographer's work in a critical manner.

Just explain what type of photo your talking about or use one of your own. (Thats what I do)
~its a JEEP thang~

NIKV69

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:47 am

Quoting DeltaAVL (Reply 3):
#1 rule on posting threads in Aviation Photography - don't reference another photographer's work in a critical manner

Don't waste your breath, this site is full of trolls that troll the DB looking for excuses to post these threads. Until the mods make a decision not to allow these threads we will be plagued by them.

Quoting PilotNTrng (Reply 6):
I feel the screeners on this site are kinda of hypocritical,

So why are you here.

Quoting PilotNTrng (Reply 6):
but is it just me or is out of level. look at the runway.

It is you, you don't level by runway. It is not always going to be level in respect to the horizon.

Quoting MidEx216 (Reply 7):
This shot is actually not out of level. The runway is at an angle to where the photographer is standing (not perpendicular). The part of the runway on the right side of the photo is actually farther away. A better reference point for level would actually be the runway distance marker, or even the trees in the background

Exactly.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

timdegroot

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:53 am

To all that are new to this forum: it's not considered god form to criticize the shots of others on this forum.

We are not hypocritical because you cannot see that that shot is actually level as others have already told you. Maybe think twice before criticising us next time.

Tim
Alderman Exit

Jetfreak

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:30 am

I also like cabin shots. Before I fly, I often look at airliners.net for cabin photos of the airline.