ThierryD
Crew
Topic Author

Business Category Clarification

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi guys,

I just noticed during an upload that the "Business" category presents some contradictions or at least some inconsistencies.
While "Business" should, according my understanding, represent every aircraft used for business purposes the category calls specifically for "business jets" on the upload page but as far as I can see it really only does so in the corresponding box on the mentionned upload page; everywhere else it only speaks about "Business" aircraft. Can't propeller aircraft be business aircraft according A.net rules?  Confused

In my specific case (I uploaded a photo of a PC-12), I'd have to tick "Prop" and "Private" (instead of "Business") while it clearly is a business aircraft.

I'd be glad to get some clarification.

Cheers,

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"

timdegroot

RE: Business Category Clarification

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:39 pm

BUSINESS is only for jets

Tim
Alderman Exit

Granite

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:52 pm

Thierry

Yes, for jets only.

Classified for BizJets rather than business (company) aircraft. This category is mostly clearly understood by all but will needs some re-wording to make it a little easier to understand for new uploaders.

A lot of things planned for 2008!

Thierry, thanks for all your patience during 2007 and thanks for supporting Airliners.net.

Regards

Gary

ptrjong

Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:27 pm

The rule makes sense, Thierry - a PC-12 may clearly be a business aircraft, but what about other small single or twin props used as such? It would be impossible to draw a line.

Of course, many of the categories and other terms relevant to uploaders terms could be defined and described better and more consistently throughout the site, I think.

Best wishes for all photographers and crew in 2008,

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

ThierryD
Crew
Topic Author

Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:29 pm

Thanks Tim and Gary for the explanation; I really noticed for the first time today that there was a difference in wording for that category.
It's all clear now though!  Smile

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"