graphic

New Facebook App You Should Be Aware Of

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:24 pm

FYI, there's a new facebook application floating around called "Airplanes" where users can select from many different airplane photos to display on their profile. They can be uploaded to the app by just about anybody and I'm certain that some of the images being used are airliners.net images. Is there anybody here that gave them permission?

Some photos being used:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Josef P. Willems

Demand Media fails at life

dvincent

RE: New Facebook App You Should Be Aware Of

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:15 am

Fortunately, the people who uploaded the photos have their names tagged on to it, so pursuing the offenders is fairly easy.
From the Mind of Minolta

trvyyz

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:40 am

Quoting Dvincent (Reply 1):
Fortunately, the people who uploaded the photos have their names tagged on to it, so pursuing the offenders is fairly easy.

How do you pursue? Do people pay when they link or embed other pictures from the web on forums?

[Edited 2008-01-11 16:40:46]

AdamWright

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:01 am

Oh my god.. oh my god! This is a deliberate compromise of the legal copyrights to the photos hosted on Gods Gift To Aviation Photography.. www.airliners.net!!! Call the lawyers! This 17 year old plane nerd (who hasn't been laid) CAN NOT enjoy an airliners.net image on his facebook profile!

come on Eric. Who gives a sh*t.

dvincent

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 am

Quoting TRVYYZ (Reply 2):
How do you pursue? Do people pay when they link or embed other pictures from the web on forums?

Assumedly you could send them a message via facebook if you want the image removed.
From the Mind of Minolta

graphic

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:17 am

Quoting AdamWright (Reply 3):
come on Eric. Who gives a sh*t.

Apparently a few people here.
Demand Media fails at life

maiznblu_757

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Quoting AdamWright (Reply 3):
Oh my god.. oh my god! This is a deliberate compromise of the legal copyrights to the photos hosted on Gods Gift To Aviation Photography.. www.airliners.net!!! Call the lawyers! This 17 year old plane nerd (who hasn't been laid) CAN NOT enjoy an airliners.net image on his facebook profile!

I thought you were gone?

Quoting Graphic (Thread starter):
FYI, there's a new facebook application floating around called "Airplanes" where users can select from many different airplane photos to display on their profile. They can be uploaded to the app by just about anybody and I'm certain that some of the images being used are airliners.net images. Is there anybody here that gave them permission?

I have had people email me requesting use of my photos for backgrounds on their pages, I don't mind. Its' going to happen regardless but I appreciate those that asked.

Thanks Eric.

[Edited 2008-01-12 09:43:44]

AdamWright

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Quoting Maiznblu_757 (Reply 6):
I thought you were gone?

I've been busy getting hired at a regional and going through training.. but I still like checkin out the good pics and reading whats going on in the photography forum. How are you?

briboy

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:31 am

If you are unhappy about unauthorized use of your photo, you can make a DMCA Alleged Copyright Infringement Notification directly to Facebook at, and it will be taken down:

http://www.facebook.com/copyright.php

From this page:

"Upon receiving a proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement as described in this Section A, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer of your claim. We also will advise the alleged infringer of the DMCA statutory Counter Notification procedure described below in Section B by which the alleged infringer may respond to your claim and request that we restore this material."
next up: YYC, SFO, SYD, AKL, WLG, CMB, BKK, SIN, FRA, VCE, JFK