leadingedge

Noise / Grain

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:06 am

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...ions/big/20080123_4066n277AY-2.jpg

Hello all,

This was rejected for noise as well as getting the dreaded quality rejection (and level, thanks to the screener for the PM) so I won’t be re-uploading but for future reference I would be interested to know where the noise is. I have looked at this on two monitors and can’t see it myself. Perhaps those with better monitors/eye sight might be able to help.

Thanks,

BleadingEdge

scottieprecord

RE: Noise / Grain

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:11 am

There's a slight amount of grain all throughout the sky. A quick pass through NeatImage cleared it up. It depends on the camera, but I've found with my 350D that grain shows up on cloudy situations like this quite often.

That's a nice shot. I think it's a borderline rejection, and might have a chance with a reedit. (Or maybe I'm just too fond of A330s lol)

leadingedge

RE: Noise / Grain

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks Scottie,

I assumed that bad quality means "dont even bother to reupload because the shot is fundamentally flawed". Which explains why I wasnt considering re-editing this particular image.

There was no sharpenning applied to the the sky and I think it was taken using a setting of ISO200 but even so I guess I will have to watch out for dark skies in future and treat it for noise regardless of what I can/cant see. ......Or get a better monitor perhaps.

Cheers