StefanovOgi
Topic Author

Some Interesting Rejection ;)

Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:05 pm

I tryed to add in the database one picture, which has no very good motivation, but it is interesting.
That I call "Low Level", seen from inside.
5m over the field, with 210km/h
Full frame camera (EOS 5D) with focal length 24.0 mm (lens 24-105 IS L)
Unique feeling!

Enjoy

Free Image Hosting at <a href=www.ImageShack.us" />

codeshare

RE: Some Interesting Rejection ;)

Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:43 pm

That's an excellent photo, but you know it's not for a.net. Unfortunately.

KS/codeshare
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

Psych

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:31 pm

I agree that this is a very interesting photo, and a potential big hitter.

I am not so sure that it is a definite 'no no' for A.net, and I can smell an interesting discussion coming here - I hope  wink . Why would it not be acceptable? We see photos accepted which include relatively minimal elements of the aircraft in question - such as wing views, or cabin seats etc. There are also other acceptable motives where the aircraft is not clear, an example being those slow shutter shots of trails of lights at an airport at night, or standard silhouette shots at dusk. Of course, other shots are accepted where there is no aircraft at all - such as control tower photos; the inside of terminal buildings etc.

My hunch would be that the screening team would - at the very least - like to have the opportunity to discuss a photos such as this. And given the clarity of the silhouette (as I see it on my laptop as I write), and the panning effect, which I really like, it looks highly acceptable to me.

I look forward to the views of others.

Cheers.

Paul

ZakHH

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:10 pm

That is a fantastic shot, Ognyan. Once again, I daresay.

I would recommend an appeal. Sure, there is no aircraft in the picture. But neither is it in this shot of yours:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ognyan Stefanov - AirTeamImages

Still, it was accepted - and rightfully so - even before the new "creative rules" were recently announced. So why not accept this one? At least, the shadow is clearly identifiable as that of a Mi-24 Hind.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

Psych

Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Re my reply No. 2 above - my apologies, I think things must be finally getting to me  boggled . Somehow I had not processed that the photo was already rejected, which is a bit dumb of me (or maybe I was living in a dream world where such photos are snapped up, which caused me to misinterpret the thread!).

Unfortunately (for me) I am now at my normal computer but cannot open the link, so cannot comment on the quality etc. I agree that an appeal is in order - I would really like to hear the reasoning behind why this shot is unacceptable. There are plenty of acceptable motives for A.net where there is no aircraft clearly in the photo. Any takers.....?

Paul

StefanovOgi
Topic Author

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:02 pm

No coment from me  Smile

It was reject after appeal.

JeffM

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm going to agree with the screener. When I look at it, my eye wanders the frame looking for something, but never finds "it". The shadow is clipped at the tail, low in the frame, and the background lacks anything of interest. I think it may have had a chance if some recognizable part of the aircraft had been visible.

scottieprecord

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Interesting shot.. but I agree with jeff in that it needs just a little something more.

Bet that was a helluva ride nonetheless!

Mike

Ander

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:50 pm

Fully agree here with Paul Markman's reply no.4.
The shot is very imaginative, well executed and a pleasure to the eye.
Ogi, I hope you keep surprising us mortals with your superb work Big grin
Ander
Born to tri.

Psych

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:13 am

I can't deny I am somewhat disappointed that it looks as though a potentially interesting debate about motive is dying. For me one of the best ways for 'the site' to educate photographers about what is and is not acceptable is by discussing this very kind of image (and it would make for a more dynamic Forum).

I am genuinely not having a pop at anyone by asking for clarification - I can fully understand why some might see this as a legitimate rejection. But now I am wondering whether it might not have been rejected for motive had the shadow not been clipped at the tail, so centring the silhouette more effectively (for A.net rules).

I would like to think this photo did generate some interesting discussion within the screening team and - if so - I reckon knowing elements of the pros and cons would be really informative to help others understand this trickiest and most subjective of rejection criterion.

Enjoy the weekend.

Paul

QANTAS077

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:03 am

love it..one of the better shots I've seen in recent times, any chance I can get a size for my desktop?