http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/middle/ready/S5002341.JPG

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/middle/ready/gemini.JPG

Please tell me, whatever you think of them, wheter good or bad,

These pictures are ORIGINAL, nothing EDITED neither COSTUMIZED.  airplane 
Who Follows, Will Never Lead...

JeffM

RE: How Are My Pictures?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:55 pm

I'd remove them. Seriously, the motice on both are not great. Cutting large portions of the a/c out of the frame doesn't work, and neither are level for starters. There are other issues as well, but the first two mentioned are killers.

flynavy

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Quoting Jeff747 (Thread starter):
These pictures are ORIGINAL, nothing EDITED neither COSTUMIZED.

That would be your second mistake, the first being the composition (i.e. motive) of both.  no 
Change is: one airline, six continents!

JakTrax

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Agree. Quality just isn't there. And both suffer from a serious greeny-blue colour cast.

Karl

flynavy

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Quoting Jeff747 (Thread starter):

Have a look at the illustrated guide to rejection reasons (IGRR) as well as the Jid Webb workflow.

IGRR: Illustrated Guide - I.G.R.R. Reloaded (by ThierryD Jan 31 2008 in Aviation Photography)
Jid Webb workflow for Adobe Photoshop: http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/index.html

BTW, what gear do you shoot with? That has a big impact (specifically lenses) on image quality as well.

Jeff747
Topic Author

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:58 am

Flynavy i don't know if that last sentence was a compliment or not.

"BTW, what gear do you shoot with? That has a big impact (specifically lenses) on image quality as well."

Anyway,

These pictures both have been taken with a "Digimax Cyber 530", to see it search google.

As you see, there's less to add to it, so for the information i just give my settings within the camera:

Size: 2560x1920
Quality: Super fine

oh, well that was about everything.

Btw, are you telling me to:

Lower contrast
And that, next time, when i'm taking photo's of aircraft, i should have them FULL in my view?

Because i thought like this it would be cool looking,

Thanks for commenting

Greets,
Who Follows, Will Never Lead...

ZakHH

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi Jeff,

airliners.net has extremely high quality standards. Sorry to say so, but your photos are nowhere near meeting these standards. (Neither are mine, so no offense intended  Smile )

Please do not let this disappoint you. It takes a lot of time and patience to learn how to make good photos. If you are interested in photography, keep practicing. It will be time well spent  Smile

Some general advice, if you really want to learn about photography: start learning what the various settings of your camera mean, and what influence they have on the pictures you take.

Most important settings are shutter speed, focal length, aperture, ISO / luminous sensitivity.
(Sorry, I don't speak Dutch, but in German, these would be: Belichtungszeit, Brennweite, Blendenöffnung, ISO / Lichtempfindlichkeit.)

There is plenty of sources both in books and on the internet, that will explain what is behind these settings, and how they influence the photos you take.

Good luck, and keep shooting!

Cheers
Stefan
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

flynavy

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:01 pm

Quoting Jeff747 (Reply 5):
Flynavy i don't know if that last sentence was a compliment or not.

It wasn't a meant to be compliment. It is a fact that a VAST majority of photos on Airliners.net are taken with digital SLR cameras and various lenses. In additon, they are post-processed. The standards are high for a reason. While it's fine you think your photos are "neat" they will not cut it here. There are a few exceptions, as in there are a handful of photos here taken with point-and-shoot cameras, but they are generally an exception to the rule but keep in mind that they still meet the motive and quality standards that have been set it place.

The way I see it, you can either embrace the rules that the entire community has set forth for photography, or watch your acceptance ratio dwindle.

Your photos above will not get accepted, whether your like it or not, and rightly so.

After all, you're the one who asked for advice.

[Edited 2008-03-05 14:06:24]

JeffM

Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 7):
as in there are a handful of photos here taken with point-and-shoot cameras,

many more then a handful.... I've got a few hundred, and I know a lot of guys still using them. There is more to getting an image in here then buying a digital SLR.

flynavy

Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Quoting JeffM (Reply 8):
many more then a handful.... I've got a few hundred, and I know a lot of guys still using them. There is more to getting an image in here then buying a digital SLR.

Even so, the OP's photos won't cut it, and that's the bottom line.

JeffM

Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 9):
Even so, the OP's photos won't cut it, and that's the bottom line.

that may be the case, but it's not the camera's fault as you claim.