ohellwhatnow

TCX Photo Required Please

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi, I recently flew from Sanford (SFO) to Gatwick on Thomas Cook Airlines, An A330 number GTCXA. As it was our 30th anniversary we flew premier BUT, the plane had recently been refitted whereby the economy section had been improved but they had left the premier section as was, the result being the economy section had more room and better seats than premier?
Thomas Cook just don't want to know!! Does anyone have photos of the premier section of the above plane. Many thanks,T

dazbo5

RE: TCX Photo Required Please

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:06 pm

The mods removed my previous post because I suggested where you might be able to find a photo of the premium cabin  banghead  I hope simply suggesting the 'other' site is acceptable. I think it's a bit petty removing my post since I was only trying to point the original poster in the right direction.

I'll try again! Thomas Cook increased seat pitch in their economy cabin by removing 4 rows of seats in March / April 2008. This increased seat pitch from 30" to 33", in line with what First Choice and Thomsonfly introduced in 2006 and 2007 respectfully. TCX didn't do anything to their premium cabins. They have 35" seat pitch and the seats are wider, so are slightly roomer than economy. Economy seats don't have more room than premium, they'd have a hard time selling them if they did!

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

ohellwhatnow

RE: TCX Photo Required Please

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:07 pm

I agree in what you have said in most cases, on the flight out to Sandford the premium cabin was fine however on the return, flight GTCXA had deffenately not been refitted.