Phoenix9
Topic Author

Any Chance Of This Getting Accepted?

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:48 am

Hi,

Could you guys please comment on this picture. If it has any chance of getting accepted? This is the low resolution copy but I do have the high resolution one.

PS: Before some you flame me, I am not a professional photographer, but I'm learning  Wink

Big version: Width: 1048 Height: 699 File size: 59kb
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

ANITIX87

RE: Any Chance Of This Getting Accepted?

Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:01 am

Sorry, Pheonix.

This shot is too grainy and too blurry. The plane is also much too far away. There's a lot of ground equipment blocking the aircraft as well, and the photo is underexposed.

I really don't mean to criticize you in a negative way, but as you say, you are learning, and the best way to do so is to acknowledge the flaws in your images!

Hope that helps, it's not meant to discourage you!

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

Psych

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 am

There is no chance of acceptance here Phoenix9. As TIS says, there are a few 'fatal' flaws as far as A.net is concerned, that would result in an immediate rejection:

* You will never get a photo accepted with that much 'ground equipment clutter' in front of your subject. It will not be seen as 'motivated' - just blocking your subject.

* Unless the motive for doing so it very apparent, the site demands that you crop much closer to your subject. In this image there is way too much dead space to the right and left of the aircraft, which isn't really contributing to the overall image.

* Your subject needs to be clear and sharp - even at nighttime. Here the 747 is very blurred (and I don't think it is the resolution of the one we are looking at) and the tail is disappearing into the darkness in parts. So overall it is too dark too.

I hope the above comments help.

Paul

Phoenix9
Topic Author

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 am

Thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate it. As I said, I am still learning so any criticism is highly appreciated!   I hope with time these pics get better.

[Edited 2008-08-03 17:10:10]
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.