rtl

Photo Spots At San Diego

Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:33 am

can anyone advise on where best to go at KSAN for the best shots ??
Many thanks

Silver1SWA
Crew

RE: Photo Spots At San Diego

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:54 pm

There is really only one good spot. There is a small parking lot where where North Harbor Drive and West Laurel Street meet.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

rtl

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 pm

what is the situation regarding security and local police to people photographing aircraft ??
Many thanks

Silver1SWA
Crew

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

I have never been hassled there, and I have only head of a few times where others have been bothered. For the most part, you should be ok. People are out there all the time. Others here might be able to help by sharing their experiences if they have had any run-ins with the cops.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

AnonymousInSAN

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:42 am

I've never been hassled by the police when shooting at the main spotters lot or even up the hill at the corner of India Street & Ivy Street (arrivals only at the latter spot).

Regarding the main spotting lot: be sure that your vehicle is parked inside one of the painted parking stalls because the police will make you move if you're not in one. If you could shoot from the bed of a truck, you'd have a clear view over the airport fence to get the departures as well as the landings. A large step-stool could be placed on top of the utility box (by the fence) to see over the fence too.

Good luck and have a great time if you go!

Vicky