IrishAyes
Topic Author

Calling All SCL-based Photographers

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi,

I have just temporarily relocated to Santiago for the next few months and I am a huge aviation fanatic and photographer. I was graced by a beautiful view of a SWISS A343 lifting off the morning of my arrival as I was in the parking lot, and immediately thought how I HAD to spend some time out here to do some shooting. After looking at the photo engine, I saw that there are some pretty exotic widebody carriers flying into SCL and so I wanted to ask local-based experts the following:

1. IS there a place that is accessible for public photography near the airport, and how can you get there.

2. What is the best day of the week and time of the day to go. I'm purely interested in snapping some widebodies, and I know that there are certain days that have more frequencies than others. Anybody know which day(s) and what hours would be good?

3. Thirdly, I do not possess a car here in Santiago. I know that the airport is accessible through public transportation, but otherwise do I have any other alternatives? I speak Spanish fluently so if need be to take a Taxi, it can be done.

Thanks for your help!

Chao

IrishAyes.
confidence is silent. insecurities are loud.

acontador

RE: Calling All SCL-based Photographers

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi IrishAyes,
Just send me an email through the contact option on one of my pics, and we'll take it from there.
Btw, welcome to Santiago  Smile !
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!

Ander

RE: Calling All SCL-based Photographers

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 pm

Be careful IrishAyes,
I've heard this Acontador is a dangerous guy!!  Wink
Ander

Un fuerte abrazo Andrés, espero volar pronto a SCEL.
Born to tri.