Fasteddie07

San Diego Airport Spotting

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:12 am

Hi all,

Just checking in to get an update on some spotting locations for San Diego Airport. Thanks

Eddie

Silver1SWA
Crew

RE: San Diego Airport Spotting

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:19 am

For SAN, the main spotting area is located where West Laurel St. and North Harbor Dr. meet. It's a small parking lot along the perimeter fence. The fence is high, topped with barbed wire, but there are a few things you can stand on, like green power boxes etc., to get a better view over the fence. A truck and/or latter works best though.

The spot offers a view of the east end of runway 27 with traffic taxiing, departing and arriving on short final right in front of you.

Some examples from the spot:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Shaun Edelstein

View Large View Medium

Photo © Shaun Edelstein

View Large View Medium

Photo © Alex McKnight

View Large View Medium

Photo © Matthew C. Lyons

Planning to visit anytime soon?
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Fasteddie07

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:19 am

Actually yes, flying in Next Friday from VEgas on the Mesa CRJ -200 and leaving SUnday evening. My girlfriends father will be renting a car so I am not sure how long I will have to shoot. Being I am active duty, everything in San Diego is free! We plan on Sea World on Sunday and at least the USS Midway for saturday. I know he said we can stop by for a photograph of two, I'll have utilize the green boxes! Thanks

Eddie

Fasteddie07

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:25 am

Silver1swa, I sent you a message.