ptrjong

Categorie Woes

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 am

Hi all,

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Peter de Jong

Another photo of this Indonesian Police helicopter was rejected for CATEGORY. It was rejected again on appeal.

Just as with the photo above, shot from the other side, the categories ticked were HELICOPTER and MILITARY. No explanation was given for the rejections, but I guess the issue is with MILITARY.

I'm only trying to follow the rules here. The upload help text for the MILITARY category says: 'The Military category also includes coastguard, police or other semi-military or government aircraft from certain countries where such aircraft are marked with non-civil registrations'.

And the alternative GOVERNMENT category says: 'If a government aircraft HAS military nationality markings AND/OR a non-civil registration, choose Military instead.'

This helicopter doesn't carry military nationality markings, but it clearly has a non-civil registration in the P-for-police block of Indonesian military registrations.

So what are these rejections for? Confused

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

oly720man

RE: Categorie Woes

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 am

The photo above has category "N/A" in the cross reference. Perhaps you don't need to define the category?
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

ptrjong

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 1):
The photo above has category "N/A" in the cross reference

That's odd. On a thumbnail page it does have these two categories attached.

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 1):
Perhaps you don't need to define the category?

Normally you do.

Peter
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

ptrjong

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Well, I re-uploaded is as a GOVERNMENT, HELICOPTER and it was accepted. Nice, but I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of any explanation.

Peter