dlowwa

Canadian Election Charters

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi all,

I had this one of the Chartered AC 319 for the Conservatives accepted this morning

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dana Low

about five minutes later, their main rival's plane (the Liberals) was towed up beside it.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3088/3h732yvr230908fz4.jpg

A really interesting shot to see the two political rivals parked next to each other, but I'm not sure about the motive... I tried to get as clear a shot as I could, with the least obstruction possible, but this was the best I could do. If I upload it as C-GAIG (the Liberal's 732 - it's not obstructed at all, just poor angle), do you think it would be worth it, given that there is no other shot of C-GAIG with the Liberal Party titles, let alone parked next to its arch-rival? Poor lighting conditions notwithstanding, is this pretty rare shot likely to overcome any Motive/Lighting problems? I'll upload it if you think it's worth it, and thanks for any comments and/or criticism!

Dana

gliderpilot08

RE: Canadian Election Charters

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:37 pm

Quoting Dlowwa (Thread starter):
A really interesting shot to see the two political rivals parked next to each other, but I'm not sure about the motive...

Don't be too hard on yourself. There is motive in the shot but the angle is what through's the picture off.

Poor lighting conditions notwithstanding

It's a great picture, but like you said, there are some issues with lighting.

I don't the angle of the Liberal Aircraft. The words are a bit skewed and hard to read. I think though because of the nature of the shot, it might pass through onto the database.

is this pretty rare shot likely to overcome any Motive/Lighting problems?

I agree. But honastly, I would be surprised to see if the picture got accepted or not.
Also, The left wing of the Liberal Aircraft is a little out of focus. It's little things like that, that are going to down grade this picture.

Overall, AWESOME shot!!!
Gimli Advisory. Sierra, Oscar, Romeo on right downwind for Rwy 15