Kukkudrill
Topic Author

Photography At Paris Orly

Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 am

I will be arriving at Paris Orly tomorrow at around 4.15. Can anyone advise on the possibilities of getting to a good spot from which to get some photos before sunset? I won't have a car.

I know there's a viewing gallery at the terminal but I understand that it is not well situated for photography.

Thanks,
Charles
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

whisperjet
Crew

RE: Photography At Paris Orly

Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi,

I think the terrase is ok in the afternoon although the windows are quite dirty.
In the mroning there are some good shots in a park which can be reached by bus. The bus does not depart in front of the terminal but from a busstop which is located in a tunnel under the terminal.

Stefan
Nobody is perfect - not even a perfect fool.

dendrobatid

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Charles

This site has all you could need to know

http://www.kerozen.org/

I have used points 6 and a bit to the right of point 7, though I suspect that both would be difficult to get to without a car

Mick Bajcar

Kukkudrill
Topic Author

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:21 pm

Stefan, Mick, thanks for the replies. Kerozen is limited - there's the map, which is great, but no info to go with it as far as I can see. I guess I'll see how it goes at the viewing gallery.

Charles
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

whisperjet
Crew

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Spot 6 is the park mentioned above. It can be reached easily by bus and with a short walk.
However, even though I speak French it was very difficult for me to find the right bus stop. If you are intending do go to the spot I will post a description...

Stefan

Kukkudrill
Topic Author

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Stefan,

You mentioned that spot is only good for the morning. Would it be worth my while to get there after 4 pm? Looking at the map it does seem worthwhile especially since at this time of year the sun sets further to the south. If so, yes I would be very interested in getting directions.

Charles

whisperjet
Crew

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi,

if you arrive that late I don't think it's worth going there. But if you don't want to go to the observation deck you should think about going to the "Musée Delta" where a Concorde and also some other planes are displayed.

http://museedelta.free.fr/

Stefan

Kukkudrill
Topic Author

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:25 am

OK thanks Stefan.

Charles