haphadon

Canon EOS Rebel XS

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:52 pm

So yesterday I bought this new camera the Canon EOS Rebel XS with a EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilizer lens abd this thing for UV Haze. I am wondering though if this camera is any good for pictures to be posted on airliners.net. Before i had a Sony DSC-H3 and got good shots with bad quality I am wondering if this new SLR camera will let me have the qualtiy shots needed for Airliners.net.

Any help and opinons are welcomed. And if you need aany more information I will gladly provide you with it.

Thanks in advanced,

Haphadon

[Edited 2008-10-26 06:02:07]

trvyyz

RE: Canon EOS Rebel XS

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Quoting Haphadon (Thread starter):
I am wondering if this new SLR camera will let me have the qualtiy shots needed for Airliners.net.

The camera won't be your constraint.

JakTrax

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:48 pm

It's a bit late asking for advice now you've bought the thing.....

Luckily it's a great camera for aviation, but as mentioned above the limiting factor in image quality will be the lens(es). Still, you'll be able to get images of A.net quality with almost any lens if used properly - a friend of mine's just bought a 1000D (Rebel XS in the US) and recently had his first picture accepted here.....

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gavin Bowler

Shot with a cheapo 75-300 lens, which just goes to show that a good photographer can get good results with anything!

Karl

haphadon

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. How do you think my lens will do it is a Canon EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilizer lens. Will this do well?

JakTrax

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:22 pm

It's a cheap lens but it will certainly be capable of producing images worthy of A.net (in the right hands - read the camera's manual and learn how best to use the lens).

Karl

NicolasRubio

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 pm

I got 102 pictures in the database (and counting) with a Nikon Coolpix 5600... so basically, impossible is NOTHING!

PS: I also got published in three magazines and one aircraft financing company's brochure!
Gripped 7D + Sigma 10-20mm + 17-40L + 50mm f/1.8 II + 70-200mm f/4L IS + EF 400mm f/5.6L + 580EX II