navymmw

Looking For A Cheap Cost Video Camera For Aviation

Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Hey everyone, I currently own a Xti and the only problem I have with it is the lack of video. Recently I decided that I want to look into buying a nice cheap video camera to record take-offs and landings. I don't need some fancy expensive one but one that is decent enough to take nice video. Do any of you spotters have a video camera you like to use? I was looking at some cheap ones at circuit city that shoot HD and the only cost like $150, are these decent?

mickbrown3621

RE: Looking For A Cheap Cost Video Camera For Aviation

Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:38 pm

If you want "nice" video (and by that I'm assuming you mean "sharp and clear") you will have to pay for it. I don't know what kind of vid cam you looked at for $150, but my advice is to save up and get a good one. I just bought a Sony the other day and although it cost me, the quality is excellent.

If you have a look at places like www.flightlevel350.com you'll see a wide variety of videos, quality-wise - the crappy-looking ones are ones that were taken with cheap cameras.

So...it comes down to what you want and what you'll be satisfied with, quality-wise.