Ryan597
Topic Author

How Do You Upload Photos Onto Airliners.net?!

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 am

Hi,I'm a new user to this website,but I REALLY need help on uploading photos to this website!!!!Can anyone help me with this problem?

dlowwa

RE: How Do You Upload Photos Onto Airliners.net?!

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 am

You might want to try the photo upload page...

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/

But I'd be sure to read the directions/FAQ carefully to save yourself some grief. Photo quality standards are pretty high here.

Good luck

Ryan597
Topic Author

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:59 am

Thanks for that help but I want to know how do you send photos to a.net photobase?

Plainplane

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:30 am

When you follow the directions in the photo upload screens then after you upload it the screeners will decide whether they want to accept your shot or not.

Their criteria is incredibly strict though.

Fly747

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:36 am

Quoting Ryan597 (Reply 2):
how do you send photos to a.net photobase?

You don't send them, you upload them through the link given to you in the previous reply.

Ivan

JakTrax

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:59 am

Firstly, your images will need to meet the strict criteria set by A.net, i.e. sufficient and competent post-capture processing in a program such as Photoshop.

This involves firstly doing any necessary cropping and levelling, followed by correction of any colour/contrast issues, sharpening and finally re-sizing to within A.net's acceptable limits. Before you even attempt any of this you need to evaluate your image and see if it's good enough to even bother with processing. Any blur, focus issue, foreign object intrusion, etc., however slight, will always lead to an instant rejection regardless of how accurate your processing is. Best thing you can do is read the rules on the site and have a look through some images to see how high you need to aim - and unfortunately the bar is set very high and it often takes many months (if not years) to finally figure out exactly what the site is looking for. So many times in this forum we have new folks asking for critical advice (which is fine) and a lot of the time these folks can't initially see the difference between their (unacceptable) images and those already on here. The more naive sometimes even argue when their images are quite obviously sub-standard. It just takes time.

Once you have an acceptable image (everyone here can help with that if you display a link) it's simply a case of following the Photo Upload FAQ and off you go!

Karl

DeltaAVL

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Quoting Ryan597 (Thread starter):
Hi,I'm a new user to this website,but I REALLY need help on uploading photos to this website!!!!Can anyone help me with this problem?

The first step is linking to it in a thread to see if it's even worth the screeners' time.

Best of luck.
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

psyops

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Quoting Ryan597 (Reply 2):
Thanks for that help but I want to know how do you send photos to a.net photobase?

Did you read the photo upload page the response post gave to you? It answers your question. I'd suggest you take the time to read it carefully.