koryo

Airliners.net Images On Youtube

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp6YUceKTio

The pics in the video have almost no visible/recognizable copyright bars and nowhere in the video or his comment about the video does he give credit to the photographers.
This forum is as good as you make it. Never post a message in anger. Take the high road and others will follow.

Fly747

RE: Airliners.net Images On Youtube

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Why is there a need to start a new thread every time you discover stolen photos?
You should create one and name it "Koryo's finds of stolen photos" or something.

Ivan

JakTrax

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Quoting Fly747 (Reply 1):
Why is there a need to start a new thread every time you discover stolen photos?
You should create one and name it "Koryo's finds of stolen photos" or something.

rotfl 

Seriously though Koryo, I think everyone appreciates you pointing it out and maybe those whose work has been stolen will act accordingly, but as Ivan says there isn't a need all the time for a new thread. Maybe a thread like Ivan suggests may be a good idea for your constant vigil, and could help those who've had copyrights infringed.

Stolen 'net images are just statistics, as you just can't stop it. Anyone who puts pictures on here knows the risks, and although it's nice to catch the ******** from time to time we all know that we'll never find out exactly how many of our images have been pinched; let alone catch the culprits.

Most of us here limit the potential use of stolen pictures by uploading at only 1024x683, which is all but useless unless the user requires only small prints.

Karl

Silver1SWA
Crew

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Mega-thread.

Wink
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

koryo

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 pm

I don't want to sound too self-centered.
 stirthepot 

[Edited 2009-02-22 12:18:59]
This forum is as good as you make it. Never post a message in anger. Take the high road and others will follow.

jetmatt777
Crew

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 am

I have no connection to the photos in question, so my view may be a different. But, for one, he left the copyright bars ON. Second, the title gives mention to Airliners.net. Third, he is a member here: Astro777Lover . This seems like a harmless tribute/recognition to his favorite photos. I have no problem, if he took the copyright bars out and called the movie "My Airplane Shots", then I'd look at this in a different light.

-Matt
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

jorge1812

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:22 pm

A while ago we had a guy at YouTube who had plenty of pics used in his many videos claiming he knows all the photogs and therefore it was OK. Well, he didn't knew me but used a lot of my pics - the user was deleted after many complaints to YouTube. Personally I have no problems if my pics will be used but I want to be aksed before.

georg

koryo

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Quoting Jorge1812 (Reply 6):

I'm not posting these on the forum to have them pulled, I am just letting the photographers know there is a possibly your work in this/these videos and if you want you to take action do so accordingly.
Cheers,
Koryo

jorge1812

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Quoting Koryo (Reply 7):
I'm not posting these on the forum to have them pulled, I am just letting the photographers know there is a possibly your work in this/these videos and if you want you to take action do so accordingly.

And I didn't say your attention was that. It's good that people inform photogs if pics are used somewhere so they can see if allowed or not and act if neccesary.

I appreciate your "heads up" threads and if we will be informed!

georg

yyzpics

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Its sum kid making a youtube video, whats the harm? I also see the a.net copyrite bar at the bottom of the photos, so its all good....
www.jetstreamphotography.com

koryo

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks Georg,

and by the way Yyzpics this is an excerpt from
Photo Usage Restrictions:
"You may not use these photos on any web page, commercial or non-commercial, for profit or non-profit, without written permission from the photographer."

Here is a link to the whole thing:

http://www.airliners.net/usephotos/

Cheers,
Koryo

jorge1812

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:27 am

Quoting Yyzpics (Reply 9):
Its sum kid making a youtube video, whats the harm? I also see the a.net copyrite bar at the bottom of the photos, so its all good....

Yes, but aksing is always the better way and also kids have to learn that not everything can be taken without asking!

georg

yyzpics

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 am

Big deal guys, you could spend the whole year searching the net for stolen photos from airliners, you will find all kinds.... if there not turning a profit, dont be so worried!
www.jetstreamphotography.com

koryo

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:02 am

Quoting Yyzpics (Reply 12):

and I will do so accordingly as long as their is photos being misused from
airliners.net I will keep hunting and posting my finds  old 
Cheers,
Koryo  wave