dl767captain

Filter For Pictures Through Aircraft Window

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:14 pm

What's a good type of filter or even lens for taking pictures in flight through aircraft windows? And does anyone have suggestions on how to take good pictures through the windows.

koryo

RE: Filter For Pictures Through Aircraft Window

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 pm

You first have to take into consideration if the window has any scratches on it and if it is dirty these factors will play a huge role in the quality of the images you take.

Koryo
This forum is as good as you make it. Never post a message in anger. Take the high road and others will follow.

waketurbulence

RE: Filter For Pictures Through Aircraft Window

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Usually I wipe the window clean and just shoot. Most scratches or dust will not be focused on because the focus will be on a part of the wing or ground and you will shoot 'past' any imperfections. Make sure to try and get your lens as close to the window as possible, and as straight on the window as possible, that helps reduce the effect of shooting through the multiple layers of the window. I have taken window shots mostly with my Canon 10-22mm and 24-105mm, but many were taken with the cheap 18-55mm. I have never used a filter on window shots. Also, look for an interesting view if you can.
-Matt