======================================
Hello amigos

That shot settings: f3.5; 1/10sec.;iso640
My camera-Nikon D80
Lens-kit AF-S Nikkor 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 G ED
 thumbsdown   thumbsdown   thumbsdown 
Not Use Tripod!!!!
======================================

Now I look at this picture and I understand that it was necessary to use other settings. There was a bumpiness during this glidepath, but all the same it was possible to make this picture of sharper. And in general it would be desirable to buy other lenses for such shots.

Though you likely will agree with me , in itself such photos , as well as any night shots, are very heavy technically
NO GUST....NO GLORY

ElpinDAB

RE: Night Cockpit In Flight(A320 S7/ULLI)

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 am

What picture do you speak of!?

I really have no idea what you're talking about, but yea, night cockpit shots are tough! I have a 10mm lense and open it wide for such shots to minimize blur. Then, I just open the shutter wide, and snap away, hoping to get a good one. Dim screens would help reduce overexposure of the screens (although bright screens help to increase shutter speed when focused on, the picture won't be properly exposed to accurately display the surrounded land outside the cockpit), as would a faster shutter. I still don't have a night cockpit shot on a.net, although I have certainly tried. I took my best attempt at a completely dark shot about 2 years ago, and still haven't tried to post it on a.net, although it seems like it might make it. A good bet would also be right before sunrise or right after sunset....beautiful lighting, and much more favorable shooting conditions than the pitch black of night. Even a tripod will ruin a shot in bumpy conditions on an airplane...it would be like trying to take a tripod night shot on a dirt road in a car...just won't work...I've tried photography from cars at night, and even on a smooth road it is difficult, and my results were hardly acceptable when reduced to 1024 resolution, even though they looked really cool with the blur of lights outside from high shutter speeds.

Also, keep in mind the general shutter rule for non-blurry shots with a steady hand (for hand-held shots) from the ground/in clear air...at 10mm, shutter speed shouldn't be above 1/10 of a second, and for 100mm, it shouldn't be under 1/100th of a second, 300mm = 1/300th sec, etc. With a very steady hand and some luck, it's possible to accomplish good shots with a lower shutter speed, but it's best to set the camera up for this general rule.

Bumps in the air would make photography far more difficult, and if that were to happen, I would just say screw it. Try if the scenery is really cool, but otherwise, wait for a smooth ride. I really haven't even tried to make good shots under low light in bumpy conditions in airplanes. It's basically an assured blurred shot. In good light with good shutter speeds, it can work though.

jorge1812

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:32 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ivandalavia

georg

wilco737

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Those shots are indeed not too easy.

here is my only successful picture:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Wilco737

ISO 1600, 1/5 sec, f4, 15mm with Canon 40D and 10-22mm Canon lense.

I took about 30 pictures and only 3 were actually sharp the rest pretty much blurry due to the motion and long exposure.

wilco737

codeshare

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Ivan and Wilco both shots are 'ochen harasho'  Smile

Ivan request from me for a shot like this but from a Tupolev.

KS/codeshare
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

ivandalavia

Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Quoting Codeshare (Reply 4):
Codeshare From Poland, joined Sep 2002, 1494 posts, RR: 1

========================================================
It is hardly possible , because in Russia practically all Ту-154 now on the ground

I'm really Sorry
NO GUST....NO GLORY

tmfra

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Ivan, are there any special reasons for grounding all Ty-154 in Russia? Is it because of maintencance or maybe an order by russian officials. Would really appreciate if you could answer that question, I miss them already in Frankfurt  Smile

Cheers
Thomas
lift is a gift but thrust is a must

ivandalavia

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Quoting TMFRA (Reply 6):
Ivan, are there any special reasons for grounding all Ty-154 in Russia? Is it because of maintencance or maybe an order by russian officials. Would really appreciate if you could answer that question, I miss them already in Frankfurt  

Cheers
Thomas

=================
I don't know,Thomas.....................may be Mythical maza4ucker Crisis?  duck 
NO GUST....NO GLORY