Hywel
Topic Author

Photography At Zurich During Connecting Flight?

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:02 pm

I have a 5 hour connection at ZRH soon - what are my best opportunities for spotting and/or photography?

My main question is whether the viewing terrace is landside or airside? I would prefer to stay airside if possible. If the viewing terrace is landside then I'll forget it, so where should I go in the terminal for spotting/photography?

Thanks  Smile

JakTrax

RE: Photography At Zurich During Connecting Flight?

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:47 pm

The terrace was closed in October last year (finally) - only options are landside I'm afraid. One of the car-parks (F6 or something?) overlooks the taxiway for the shorter cross runway. If you are passing through the mid-field terminal there's a terrace for passengers on there (so I believe).

Karl

Kukkudrill

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

airpic

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 am

@Jaktrax:

There is no airside viewing terrace at the mid-field terminal in Zurich. It is reachable by bus from the new visitor center. The bus-ride and the entrance to the terrace only cost CHF 2 ($ 1.80). As the first bus-ride departs at 8:15 a.m, one has a good chance to photograph some of the aircraft landing on runway 34 until the change of runway by 9 a.m. - naturally, this only applies to week-ends.