ghajdufi
Crew

Photo Acceptance - Pre Screening (HGabor)

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:43 am

Hello guys, I made this photo some 10 minutes before sunset on a heavily overcast day (1.6sec exposure, iso100 f8). The WB had to be corrected big time as the original was very blue. I am not sure about the yellow light coming from the left (from an airport lamp) and the contrast looks a bit funny too.
What do you think?
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/b...ady/u1244922221.2022mg6548edit.jpg
Thanks!
G.
Your photos are like your children, you will always find them perfect.

iamlucky13

RE: Photo Acceptance - Pre Screening (HGabor)

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 am

It looks generally acceptable to me, although I see some jaggies on the tail and the lettering.

There's not much contrast between the aircraft and the sky and the fuselage could be a little better lit. I'm not inclined to think either of those or the yellow light are major issues.

It doesn't feel quite level to me, but I didn't check any references. I'd probably try to align the landing gear struts vertically since there's no good horizon.

I would think it's worth giving it a chance in the queue after fixing the jaggies and maybe a quick rotation.

dlowwa

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:04 am

Contrast might be a little too strong and you might want to up the brightness a bit, but otherwise I think it looks good. I think you did the best that you could with the colours, too.

Dana

[Edited 2009-06-16 01:09:43]

aussie18
Crew

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:13 am

Looks like it needs some CW rotation,minor jaggy edges noticable on the first A in Atlas Air,front of the tail.

Not a bad edit for the conditions.

Cheers Mark.

ghajdufi
Crew

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks very much for your feedback. I actually removed it from the Q even before I saw your comments. I had the same problems with it as what you mentioned: not much contrast on the top part but too much contrast below the belly. I spent a lot of time figuring out how to level it and I wasn't entirely happy with the result either. The RAW isn't bad quality I think I need to work on the edit a little more.
Thanks again, appreciate your help!
Regards,
G.
Your photos are like your children, you will always find them perfect.