ORL777

Where To Spot At DFW & DAL?

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello A.netter..

the reason of my posting is that I will be visiting DFW for the first time from august 16th until august 26th and I want to spent at least 2 days spotting in DFW and also at DAL... so I want to know where is the best places to spot, best hours, is any problem with the police? and also in witch days does DFW Handle more international flights...

Hope someone can help me and thanks in advice...

Saludos desde Caracas

NIKV69

RE: Where To Spot At DFW & DAL?

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Dallas area is awesome, I have never had issues with Police but then again my buddy there knows just about all local law enforcement and he shoots with me so we really never get any bad experiences. I have never really heard about any bad encounters though. If you shoot Love field go at sunrise to the top of the parking garage. A prime location with great light but you lose it quick as it moves and only lights up the noses and tails of aircraft. Then for afternoon drive around the airfield and you will see a big pond with a road that runs behind the runway and you can just park anywhere and shoot arrivals and you get the Saint Marten effect as they come right over your head pretty close too.

DFW basically has the new founders plaza which I haven't tried yet but hear good things.

PM me with any questions.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

sunandan
Crew

RE: Where To Spot At DFW & DAL?

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 am

You can either work for a living, or you can fly airplanes. I'd rather fly!