daleghent

Photo Acceptance - Pre Screening (daleghent)

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:48 am

Here's what might hopefully be my first contribution to airliners.net. I would of course greatly appreciate any C&C regarding it  Smile

http://elektronkind.org/outbox/aln/IMG_9250.jpg

BTW, is it me or is the what the forums use to resize attached JPEGs leaving an atrocious amount of compression artifacts in its wake?

/dale

Stackhouse007

RE: Photo Acceptance - Pre Screening (daleghent)

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:39 am

Great shot. I am also new to A.net so the only help I can give you is there is a lot of empty space on the left... Maybe a tighter crop will help out.. I am not sure though because on the right side the exhaust and whatever is all detail.. But thats just my opinion.. tighter crop.

Kyle
Nikon D60: 18-55mm - 55-200mm / Canon 50D: 100-400mm

CLT787

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 am

Wow! Great picture! I'm also new to a.net (don't have anything in the database yet  Smile ) but it looks good. It could do with a tighter crop, but just barely since the sky serves to balance out the picture.

cpd

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:16 am

The problems with this one is that there is too much empty space on the left, it is too low in the frame. That's all I'll comment on since I'm not at home (soft screen on the work PC).

dlowwa

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:25 am

Yup, looks pretty good. Just add a touch more sharpening and do a better crop as mentioned above, and you should be good to go. I'd also add a little more contrast, but that's just my personal taste.

Dana

cpd

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 am

I couldn't see it before because I was using a computer with two very soft 24" Lenovo screens, but watch out for grain in the sky.

It also looks very slightly not sharp enough, so possibly could use a extra little bit of sharpening (only by a very small amount), and looking at the histogram, it is also soft. It could be a bit more punchy (maybe adjust the levels to alter the brightness/contrast only). Also address the cropping issues that are already noted above, then you should be good to go.  Smile

Lucky you able to photograph that awesome plane.  Smile I doubt we'll ever see one in this country, let alone one wearing RAAF roundel.