3000GT
Topic Author

Corel Paint Shot Pro X2 (Dust Removal)

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 am

Greetings Folks,

I need help. I'm getting the hang of this PSP for editing, been using Canon DPP for a while however, it's kicking me on the dust removal dept. When I duplicate the layer and select background and equalize the histogram, I see the spots and use clone tool to fix it. But, when I delete the background and check the copy, the spots are still there. I followed the editing guidelines on this site but I guess the similarity ends between PS and PSP on the dust removal part. I've read the manual and there's no way to undo the histogram equalize without losing your clone edits. Is there any easier way to do this?

This is causing me headaches, I've cleaned the camera sensor, so that's good to go but there some good pictures I don't want to go to waste if I can saved it. Thanks for the help you can offer.

PJ

TransIsland

RE: Corel Paint Shot Pro X2 (Dust Removal)

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:18 am

Lemme ask a silly question: Are you working on the right layer when cloning out the dust spots?
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

3000GT
Topic Author

RE: Corel Paint Shot Pro X2 (Dust Removal)

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:18 am

I'm cloning on the equalize layer since I can spot them. Should I work on the copy of background layer?