vzlet

Photo Acceptance - Pre Screening (Vzlet)

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Different activities and vantage points, but will the front-left-quarter view in each of these cause a "double" rejection?

"That's so stupid! If they're so secret, why are they out where everyone can see them?" - my kid

Fly747

RE: Photo Acceptance - Pre Screening (Vzlet)

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi Mark,

quite possibly since it shows the same side of the aircraft.

Ivan

walter2222

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Quoting Fly747 (Reply 1):
quite possibly since it shows the same side of the aircraft.

But the activity is different in all three (taxiing, take-off, parked).

Taken from the rejection criteria:
Double: You already have photos of this aircraft in the Airliners.net database that are the same as, or very similar to these photo(s).

In order to receive this rejection, the other (similar) photos in the database must also have been taken by you, at the same day and at the same airport. Please do not upload multiple sequential shots of an aircraft during landing, taxiing or take-off, taken only a few seconds apart. Even though these photos may appear to be from different angles, we consider them similar. Please select the best shot from the sequence and upload only that one. One shot taken during landing, and another during take-off will generally NOT be considered a DOUBLE error.

Attention: there is the wording "generally"... So, I would suggest to take your best shots.

PS: I like the first one most, although I would prefer it will the full props visible. The second is without doubt different, but number 3 could be classified "similar" to number 1 (on a picture, it is hard to tell whether the aircraft is moving or not, so there is little difference beteen taxi and parked, hence you could get the "double" rejection here).

Hope this helps?

Best regards,

Walter
Canon 347d mkII ;-) - EFS10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - EFS18-55mm - EF28-105mm f3.5/4.5 - EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6l IS USM - ...

2H4

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:51 pm

If you upload only one, I strongly encourage you to upload the last one from the high perspective. Very unique view...I think it brings something new to the database.

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

vzlet

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 am

Thanks for your views, guys. I substituted the below for the other taxiing shot:

Quoting Walter2222 (Reply 2):
I would prefer it will the full props visible

I agree, but that's beyond my capabilities for a moving plane at idle power!

Thanks again,
Mark
"That's so stupid! If they're so secret, why are they out where everyone can see them?" - my kid