cpd

Photo Acceptance - Pre-screening (cpd)

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 am

My other prescreening message is so old that it is archived. I'm thinking of uploading this image:

http://www.racerplanet.com/photoplog/images/2082/1_DSC_7627_airbus_a380crowd.jpg

But I'm questioning the quality and the motive - so I'd appreciate advice before I drop it in the queue. It was taken at quite long range and heat haze was a bit of a problem.

I wanted to get the crowd in the image. If I cropped ahead of the engines, it looked stupid having half a person standing on a ladder, so I compromised at cropping it to get the crowd in the image and all of the world "Singapore". Is that motive okay?

Regards, Chris.

wilco737

RE: Photo Acceptance - Pre-screening (cpd)

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:57 am

Quoting Cpd (Thread starter):
heat haze was a bit of a problem.

Looks like yes. The titles and the dark lines under the titles look pretty oversharpen to me... Same with the lower fuselage.

Motive? Not sure, I like it. Nothings blocked, people can only be seen from the back, that shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

And a little advertising for McDonald's Big grin

wilco737

cpd

Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks - I'll work on the image a little bit more before uploading it (but will leave the crop as is). Thanks for the useful feedback.  

Edit: Thanks also to Mark. Even though the heat-haze killed it, the motive feedback is very much appreciated - I'll try for the shot another time.  Smile

There should be an appropriately large size crowd next Saturday I'd suspect with the QF31 "special event".   Wink

[Edited 2009-08-24 05:22:54]

aussie18
Crew

Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:15 am

Nice attempt but the heathaze seems to have ruined it,All the lines are wavey as are the titles which are quite jaggy in spots aswell.
Motive looks okay to me.

Cheers Mark.