GdsF100
Topic Author

Photo Acceptance - Post Screening (GdsF100)

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 am

I just had this photo rejected. The screener included a personal message that said this was

"High in frame, motive = the sign, touch later would have been fine.

Would it be a waste of time to try to recenter the aircraft with a better crop and resubmit it. I can correct the crop, but I can't do anything about the sign.

Thanks
Jeff

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20090906_c1251551183.9202img_4927b.jpg

aussie18
Crew

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:06 am

Hi Jeff,
The sign blocking the undercarriage gear is motive rejection so this shot isnt salvagable for a.net,
Have you got sequence shots that dont have the sign obstructing the gear?
Try one of them with the aircraft centred better,It is also a tad high in frame but needs a tighter crop at front like the back of aircraft,too much deadspace at front of aircraft.

Cheers Mark.

GdsF100
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks Mark,

Unfortunately the lighting in the next shot of this aircraft is not as good as the light in this photo. The angle the sun hits the airplane changes as the aircraft completes its turn.

I will have to pay better attention to that sign next time I spot from that location. Maybe write the airport authority a nice letter and ask them to move it.  Big grin

Jeff

alevik
Crew

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 am

Quoting GdsF100 (Reply 2):
I will have to pay better attention to that sign next time I spot from that location. Maybe write the airport authority a nice letter and ask them to move it.

Yeah, it does pay to check for short obstructions that can block the wheels. Last week I was at a new spot at my local airport and had to pack up and move a couple hundred feet down the fence line to get a clear shot of a/c lining up onto the runway.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.