p2philip

Photography At Eagle Valley/Vail (KEGE)

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I'll possibly have the opportunity to spend some time in the area of KEGE in January and would like to do some photography at the airport. Looking at pictures in the database some nice climb-out shots with decent background should be possible. I would like to gather as much information as possible especially on the following points:

- spotting locations
- traffic (best day)
- security (photography tolerated?)

I would be very thankful if somebody who has been there could provide some useful information abour KEGE!
Thanks

[Edited 2009-10-12 06:39:08 by p2philip]

[Edited 2009-10-12 06:39:48 by p2philip]

AdamWright

RE: Photography At Eagle Valley/Vail (KEGE)

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Pack a coat and some hiking boots. I believe you gotta go sit up in the trees with the coyotes and bears to get those sweet departure shots.

p2philip

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Hey Adam, no problem. I'm used to shooting in cold conditions...bears are something new though! So I guess you have not been there!?

contrail25

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Don't forget cougars! (not the middle aged female type either)

Actually it's fairly developed around the airport, but there is still a lot of wildlife. Unless you are really out in the boonies chances are you won't see any of the threatening kind. Bears...well that's hit or miss.

The weather in Colorado this time of year is crazy. Could be sunny and gorgeous, or below zero with zero visibility due to snow. Pack accordingly.

Can't answer on the good shot locations, but with the hills around there, they should be a plenty.

Have fun and enjoy my home state for me!

p2philip

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to be prepared for the conditions mentioned.

I know this airport is not visited by spotters that ofen BUT is there no one in here who has been there and can share some more detailed hints!?

Thanks so much!
Philip

sunandan
Crew

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:27 am

Quoting P2philip (Reply 4):
is there no one in here who has been there and can share some more detailed hints!?

Have you tried emailing the guys who already have shots from there on the db for more info?
You can either work for a living, or you can fly airplanes. I'd rather fly!